Saturday, May 4, 2013

Sliced Cucumbers With Pepper And Cumin/ Cucumber Salad


          After doing a long post on Tiramisu, I thought I'll keep this one simple and short, well the recipe ( if you can call this as one) is also very simple, Sliced Cucumbers With Pepper And Cumin. This is a perfect accompaniment to any meal, or also, a healthy snack for hot summers, very mildly spiced and refreshing with a slight hint of lemon..

Need To Have

  • Cucumbers - sliced
  • Black Pepper Powder
  • Roasted Cumin Powder
  • Red Chilly Powder/ Paprika
  • Lemon Juice
  • Salt

Method
          Well, as you can see, I have not given any measurements for the ingredients, because I think it's individual preference, adding more or less of any ingredient. Take the cucumber slices, sprinkle some black pepper powder, chilly powder and roasted cumin powder and salt. Add a dash of lemon juice and you are ready to go.


Note
I prefer the seedless cucumbers for this, but it's up to you.
Add the spices and salt just before serving.
For roasted cumin powder, roast the cumin seeds slightly, then powder it.
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. looks yummy remind me of push cart outside my school

    ReplyDelete
  2. A simple and refreshing summer salad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we r too much into cucumbers these days.. sure try for tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can eat a whole bowl of this. I even like a hint of sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy salad...good for summer..
    Today's recipe:http://www.7aumsuvai.com/2013/05/onion-paratha.html

    ReplyDelete